The Michael H. Flanagan Foundation participates as a team with hospitals to respond to the needs of leukemia patients and their families. We communicate frequently and attend monthly meetings with social workers, doctors, nurses and others who play key roles during a patient’s treatment.
“I have seen first-hand how this Foundation has benefited Tufts and Floating Hospital patients. It is a wonderful legacy for Michael and his family.”
Hans Klingemann, MD, PhD, Director of Bone Marrow and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Program, reflecting on the opening of the Michael H. Flanagan Family Room.
Tufts Medical Center
- Judith Kahn, LICSW Oncology Social Worker
- Kenneth Miller, MD
- Julie Sherman, RN Nurse Manager
- Jaime Zayka, BSN, RN
- Danilel Maclellan, BSN, RN
- Scott Neely, Philanthropy Officer, Cancer Center
- Mary Fitzgerald, Chaplain
- Mark Diethelm
- Theresa Fogaren
The Floating Hospital for Children
- Chris Joliffe, LCSW Pediatric Oncology Social Worker
Rhode Island Hospital
- James Butera, MD
- Susan Garland, LICSW Oncology Social Worker
- Courtney McGair, LICSW Onc.SW
- Diane Passantino, LICSW Oncology Social Worker
- Sarah Abrahamson, RN Assistant Clinical Manager Inpatient Oncology
- Kenneth Bishop MD PhD
- Stephanie Cardarella MD
The Miriam Hospital
- William Sikov, MD
- Susan Korber, MS RN OCN
- Kathy Higginbotham, LICSW Oncology Clinical Social Worker
- Nancy Broude, Chief Development Officer, Miriam Hospital Foundation
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Rhode Island
- Sharon Klein Executive Director
- Gayle Bagley Patient Access Manager
The Cam Neely Foundation for Cancer Care
Providing comfort and support to cancer patients and their families through The Cam Neely Foundation for Cancer Care, The Neely House, and The Neely Cancer Fund exist.
A Little Easier Recovery
North Andover, MA
This non-profit organization has created the Jacki®, a patient-friendly alternative to the “johnny” hospital gown. These jackets are donated to breast cancer patients to help restore their independence, dignity, and warmth, helping a patient feel more like a person again.
The Michael H. Flanagan Foundation is excited to announce the release of a bracelet in the Just Be You Collection, created by A Little Easier Recovery. 100% of the proceeds will help both A Little Easier Recovery and The Michael H. Flanagan Foundation. Click here to learn more.