The Michael H. Flanagan Foundation Educational Advancement Fund
The Michael H. Flanagan Foundation is a charitable organization founded in 2002 by Michael’s family. Michael was diagnosed at 19 with Leukemia. During his 3 year battle he underwent 2 bone marrow transplants spending weeks and sometimes months in isolation while he struggled with complications. Throughout his life Michael strived to live a life of courage, integrity and faith. The Flanagan family was so pleased by the care Michael received from the nurses at The Miriam Hospital and Tufts Medical Center that they decided to establish a fund in Michael’s name. Nurses are the backbone of our healthcare system and furthering education is essential and often very expensive. We are proud to establish The MHFF Educational Advancement Fund in Michael’s name. This fund will be awarded to an RN/BSN who has gone above and beyond when providing patient care in the area of Oncology. The recipient, who must have also shown excellence in patient safety and clinical skills, will receive $500 to use toward furthering their education in the field of Oncology.
- Complete application
- Please write a 1 page narrative explaining your need for this fund
- Obtain 1 reference (Teacher/ Manager/ Mentor)
- Return to Christine Griffin at MHFF by April 2, 2018
- Current RI or MA RN/BSN license
- Educational advancement chosen must be related to field of Oncology
- One successful application per lifetime
- Excellence in patient practice or care (no infractions on nursing license)
- Steadfast leadership
- Compassion and human interest outside the required responsibilities
- Must be an employee at Rhode Island Hospital, The Miriam Hospital or Tufts Medical Center
Applications will be reviewed by a designated committee comprised of MHFF board members and a representative from hospital education. The recipient will be notified by mail and a breakfast will be held in their honor.
Download Application Form