Our Mission is to comfort Leukemia and Bone Marrow Transplant patients and their families and to enhance the patients’ quality of life.
Have a look at some of the our top contributions from the past ten years.
A Night of Giving and Thanks
Mikes Foundation in the News
A gift by the Michael H. Flanagan Foundation has funded the renovation of a family room in Rhode Island Hospital’s Comprehensive Cancer Center.
“Our goal with this family room was to create a space that felt like home for patients and their families to go when not in a hospital room dealing with the daily battles that leukemia or any cancer presents. We deeply understand the comfort that a peaceful room like this can provide.”
-Christine Griffin, Michael Flanagan’s sister and the foundation’s director.
Save the Date 2013
Oh What a Night! The Michael H. Flanagan Foundation celebrated its 10th Anniversary on September 21, 2012. The event was an amazing success, raising over $35,000! The monies raised allow the foundation to keep up with the increased demands for Financial Grants and Comfort Bags. In addition, we are beginning to move forward on Capital Projects plans, details to follow, stay tuned. Thank you to the nearly 300 guests for supporting the MHF Foundation, Fat Free Bob for providing our music, Mark Gasbarro of Gasbarro’ s Wines of Providence for providing the wine, and Rhode Island Country Club for every special detail. Click on the photo album for event pictures.
Check out photos from our Save the Date Event
A Special Thank You
Mikes Foundation would like to offer a special thank you to the folks at HBO for donating over $12,000 worth of movies and DVD series to keep our patients entertained during their lengthy hospital stays.
In the News!
East Bay RI-Barrington resident proud of how far Flanagan Foundation has come
MHF Foundation Updates
- The Foundation has sparked Providence to issue a proclamation declaring, April 19th, “Be the Match Day”. Providence College has organized an event for people to sign up for the Bone Marrow Registry. For more information, click here to read the entire article.
- The Michael H. Flanagan Foundation is excited to announce the release of a bracelet in the Just Be You Collection, created by A Little Easier Recovery. 100% of the proceeds will help both A Little Easier Recovery and The Michael H. Flanagan Foundation. Click here to learn more.
- Christine Griffin, Foundation Director accepted the opportunity to remain on the Board of Governors at The Miriam Hospital, Providence, RI, through 2013. Congratulations Christine!
- Numerous grants continue to be funded both in and outside of RI
- Link to our Facebook page! Help connect our foundation to those who could benefit.
- Music library was created for Miriam Hospital, adding new music to the collection.
- A variety of books dealing with loss were purchased for families at RI Hospital. Books are distributed by Social Workers.
- Nine Infusion Chairs were purchased for Tufts Medical Center to provide comfort to patients while receiving and recovering from treatment.
2010 Benefit - Evening Under the Stars
Thank you for making the 7th Evening Under the Stars a Grand Slam! Close to $35,000 was raised due to the generosity of our Sponsors, guests, and auction donors. Many will be touched by your kindness and generosity!
Letters from Families
Thank you for your kindness and generosity towards our family this year. We are so grateful for your help in flying R’s brother here so that he could be a donor. Most recently, thank you for brightening our boys’ Christmas. They were so distraught to learn that their dad needed to be readmitted on Christmas day. The gifts helped to ease their sadness. For that alone, we owe you a debt of gratitude.” , L.W.
“I want to thank you so much for your generous contribution to our son’s medical expense fund…As you are aware the expenses and demands can be overwhelming. Your support for our battle with this disease is greatly appreciated. Your foundation is an incredible tribute to Michael. Early on last year he received a bag full of goodies at Miriam and grew particularly fond of the soft hat which he really needed (with no hair in February!). Again my sincerest gratitude for your generous gift and my best wishes for continued success with the Michael H. Flanagan Foundation.”, J.S.
“ I am a patient at Tufts awaiting a transplant on Valentine’s Day. Today my nurse brought me a very thoughtful and useful bag from the Michael H. Flanagan Foundation. Although I was having a difficult day dealing with nausea, the gift brought me great joy. I felt God’s presence in the form of your loved one’s legacy. I smiled at the incredible “goodies” you provided with the intent of making this journey just a little bit easier. Mission accomplished!! Thanks so much for your generosity, courage, integrity and faith. I suspect Michael was a special man.”, D.T.
“With each item taken out of the bag, it filled my whole family’s hearts with joy! Your kindness will never be forgotten. Your family and Foundation will always be in our hearts.”, J.S.
“In January I received a check from your Foundation. It has helped us out a great deal. I put it towards my COBRA payment and that’s a great help. Saying thank you just sounds like it is not enough. But thank you again for all you have done and thank God for people like you.”
If you would like to join our mailing list (either email or street address), please click on the contact button above and send us your information. Thank you!